This handy recipe comes from Nita Brennan, enrolment consultant, zumba queen and healthy eating guru. It helps that she is closely related to @sweffthechef, health food chef and Instagram queen. Seriously – check out her feed, the perfect combination of gorgeous piccies alongside delicious, healthy recipes.
These muffins are gluten and refined sugar free, and can easily be adapted to be diary free also. Did we mention they are delicious??
Makes approx. 15 small or 12 large muffins and they keep for up to 5 days in the fridge.
2 ½ Cup Oats
1 Cup Natural Organic Yoghurt (Coconut Yoghurt if you want it dairy free!)
½ Cup Honey
2 Tsp. Baking Powder
1 Tsp. Baking Soda
2 Tbsp. Ground Flax Seed
1 Tsp. Vanilla
2 Ripe Bananas
Chocolate Chips & Pecans, Raspberries, Strawberries, Blueberries – whatever you fancy really
1) Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius or 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2) In a blender, blitz the bananas, yoghurt, eggs, honey and vanilla to a smoothie consistency
3) Blend your oats until until they resemble flour flour
4) Add the liquid to the dry ingredients in a bowl and mix
5) Fill a tray of muffin cases up ¾ of the way and then top with whatever you want!
6) Pop into the oven (middle shelf) for approx. 20 mins.